Do you enjoy leading, guiding, and influencing customers and team members throughout the DevOps journey? As a DevOps Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the industry’s most complex challenges. You will apply your deep technical expertise to solve cloud-based solutions at scale. You will guide customers through transforming their business with the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that deliver end-to-end applications and infrastructure solutions.
The DevOps Engineer is an emerging leader with previous experience in a lead DevOps role. The DevOps Engineer will assist on larger projects or run smaller opportunities independently. A successful candidate has technical depth and hands-on implementation experience of various practices and tools in the DevOps toolchain. The DevOps Engineer is comfortable rolling up their sleeves to design and code modules for infrastructure, application, and processes.
Roles and responsibilities
- Design & development of integrated CI/CD automation across non-homogeneous solution stack.
- Broad and comprehensive knowledge of established and emerging automated build, continuous integration and test, infrastructure as code, deployment, and other software lifecycle tools.
- Create automated procedures to reduce overall deployment time of large application by coming up with strategy, identify component dependency and Devops toolset (Ansible, Jenkins & others)
- Participate in planned Disaster Recovery drills, Release deployment procedures
- Setup automation routines for health check of environments in Production and lower lane environments
- Proactive application stability analysis - investigate performance concerns, error analysis, improve maintenance processes, automation, and resolution of open issues
- Participate in activities with development streams (agile scrum processes) and vendor-engineering toward capacity planning and release management.
- Designs, develops and rolls out best practices for CI/CD processes and tools. Identifies gaps and enables teams to adopt DevOps culture for continuous value delivery
- Ability to effectively communicate the elements and attributes of a design, approach, or decision at a high-level in written, verbal, and presentation formats.
- Experience with containerization, e.g. Docker, and virtualization. Familiarity with deploying microservices architecture, applications, and supporting services
- Experience using and customizing the Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence), Github, and the Jenkins automation server.
- Knowledge of cyber security considerations relevant to DevOps.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field with relevant DevOps experience preferably in a product environment
- 5+ years of cloud engineering experience, working with one or more vendor platforms.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience of programming in languages such as Python, Ruby, Go, Swift, Java, C++ or similar object-oriented language.
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools.
- Experience with Docker and / or Kubernetes container orchestration tools a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of supporting software on Linux.
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, Git
- Strong understanding of networking and security concepts.
- Understanding of network standards, such as DHCP, DNS, SSL, TCP, UDP, IP, QoS and ICMP.
- Understanding of networking concepts such as load balancing and routing; ability to carry out basic network troubleshooting in a server runtime.
- Comfortable with scripting languages such as bash, Perl and python to automate tasks
- Experience with provisioning tools such as Ansible, chef, puppet
- Experience using a code deployment tool, such as UrbanCode Deploy
- Experience using APM products like Dynatrace is a plus.
- Experience and / or familiarity with other technologies, such as RESTful over HTTP.
- Experience with the Atlassian / Jira / Confluence, TFS
- Experience with automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure.
- Experience developing cloud native CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Code Deploy (AWS) and/or GitLab.
- Experience with production environments.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks such as Kafka, Logstash, Splunk, ElasticSearch, and Kibana.
- Experience implementing and designing cloud native security concepts, DevSecOps, or MLOps.
- AWS Certification(s) such as Solutions Architect Pro, DevOps Engineer Pro, SysOps Admin, Developer Associate.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying